Monday 14 March 2011

Wild Orchid Craft Challenge and Another Fairy

woc4

 

Our Challenge this time is a real Fun “One Dieing to Punch it out”.  We would love to see your projects using Punches and/or Dies, looking forward to seeing what your imagination makes of this one.

 

woc3

 

I have decided to make a little box which I intend to fill with chocolates for Mums 88th Birthday on 28th March.  The paper Lace around the sides of the box is punched with the Martha Stewart Doily Punch.  and thr front an top edges of the box have been edged with another Martha Stewart punch but I cannot remember the nale of this one.

 

woc2 

 

The papers on the front and inside the box are from Linen Closet Paper Pad, another of my favourites.

 

woc4

 

The Wild Orchid Crafts flowers I have used are Pale Pink Poppies, Pale Pink Hellibore, 15cm White Roses & Rose Buds.  The Seam Binding and pearls are also from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The Charms are from my stash.

 

woc6 

 

I have decorated the inside of the box with the same papers which I have distressed with Walnut Stain DI and used more stamps from the LOTV Additions range.  The panels could fit a little better but this was my first box so will do better next time.

 

Fairy4

 

Well not long now before this fabulous collection will be available, check the Crafters Companion News Views and Inspiration Blog for details of the TV programmes and to find out more about this truly stunning collection.

 

Fairyuse 

 

A very plain card for me, I used two different Nestie sets for and cut two of each, then distressed around the edges with Victorian Velvet DI.  The paper from the Fairyopolis CD has been distressed with my faithful scissors then inked with Victorian Velvet.  The Stamp is called Daisy Fairy (Surprise, Surprise) and the sentiment comes from the same Stamp Sheet, There are 3 fairies on each of the four sheets (Winter, Autumn, Spring & Summer).  The Seam Binding is from The Ribbon Girl.

 

Fairyusea

 

Don’t forget you still have time to join in the Crafters Companion Fairyopolis Blog Hop, see my sidebar for details.

 

Thanks for looking and have a good day.

Hugs

Jacqui xx

16 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card and box Jacqui,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Loz said...

oh wow your box is gorgeous and that top punch is eyelet lace - my favourite!! ♥

♥ Yolanda ♥ said...

Love the beautiful box. The card is so elegant, simple but elegant, lovely image.

Hugs Yolanda

Debbie said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! and one of my favorite paper pads as well...

Hugs
Debbie

Victoria said...

both very beautiful projects x

Marie-Anne said...

The box is a fantastic birthday gift, I'm sure it will be well liked. I love it a lot.

The card is a sweet one.

Marie-Anne

Marie-Anne said...

The box is a fantastic birthday gift, I'm sure it will be well liked. I love it a lot.

The card is a sweet one.

Marie-Anne

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow what a stunning box & gorgeous card!!
hugs and xxx

tanja said...

Absolutely Gorgeous
xxx tanja

dutchess said...

Fabulopus Jacqui...both the box and the card....soo beautiful such and inspiration and a temptation those lovely new stamps.....is that naughty? hugs Margaret

jojoscraps said...

Wow! These projects are just stunning. Beautiful colors and perfectly embellished.
Jo xx

Sarah said...

Stunning work Jacqui, what a gorgeous box x

KarinsArtScrap said...

the box and the card are beautiful jacqui.
the papers are wonderful and your coloring is great.

greetings karin

Sarah said...

Both your card and gift box are beautiful. Both are so elegant.
Hugs Sarah

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Jacqui these two are stunning I love, love that box the punching and distressing looks wonderful so does that fairy, oh so beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little box. I am sure your Mum will love it. Fab card too!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...