Thursday 26 May 2011

Do you believe in Fairies

wd5a

Happy Thursday all, it’s Lili of the Valley Challenge Time again and this week our theme is “I believe in Fairies”, well I do I have them living at the bottom of my garden.  Lili of the Valley have so many stunning fairy stamps that this shouldn’t be too difficult a challenge.


I have chosen Dandelion Clock fairy for my card, I do so love her little cardigan, my Nan knitted  me one just like it when I was young.  I have also used  a ribbon from the LOTV Clear Additions set called “Ribbons and Bows”, the image and ribbon have both been coloured with Copics,  the papers are a mixture of various Nitwits Collection downloads. I used a Marianne Designs Die set for the roses.  The 4mm closed rosebuds are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
wd4
The Copics used:
Shoes and Cardigan and Ribbon: YG07, YG01, YG00
Skirt, Wings & Cardigan and Ribbon: R37, R22, R21, R30
Flesh: E02, E01, E00, E000 R20
Hair: C9, C6, C5, C3
I have been loving the fabulous images from Make it Crafty that have been cropping up recently but I have had a bit of a crafty spending spree this months (what's new), and have been trying to resist, but I am a woman with little will power and today I gave in and bought a few (10 I think).
Wd1a
This little beauty is called “Siren Lorelei” and I have popped her into another of the digi images called  “Clam Shell”,  the images come as a Zip file and are JPeg and PDF images so you can resize them or take them into your graphics programme they even come with a coloured image to get you started.
wd9
I took ages colouring the hair and shell that there wasn’t much time before I went to bed to make up the card, so it isn’t one of my best, as she is sitting in a Clam shell I thought I would give the card a Pearl theme, I have tried to give the impression of pearls just falling through her hands.  The papers are from the new collection of Magnolia Papers from Crafts U Love, and the doily poked behind the image is a Cheery Lynn design called “French Pastry Doily” from Dies to Die For, the Wild Roses and Sweetheart Blossom are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The charms are some of the  fabulous selection available from The Ribbon Girl.
I will list the copics at the end of the post, but wanted to explain the colours, I spent quite a time choosing and experimenting with colours for the hair blue does seem strange I know but I do think it works I am really pleased with the results.
wd10

Copic Colours, I have written them in the order that I laid them down hope this helps;
Hair: C9, B99, B97, C3, C00
Flesh: E02, E01, E00, E000
Shell and Tail: R89, R85, R83, R81, RV000, RV0000
Thanks for staying with me I know this was a long post
Huggles

28 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, two more stunners! Love the colours on your LOTV fairy - what a refreshing change from traditional fairy pastels - she is gorgeous. And your mermaid is amazing - no wonder her hair took ages. Reminds me of the old Harmony advert "Is she, or isn't she?", lol! Hugs Sxx

Trudy said...

What a gorgeous cards again, Jacqui!
I love this cute image!
Hugs Trudy

Sol said...

This stamp is so cute!... No wonder you can´t stop shopping... I have said stop to myself.. As I just have bought many old hÄnglar stamps.. Enough is enough.. Now I have to make a few cards too!..

I love the shine to her hair.. Amazing hair by the way. :o).. and Supercute colours!!...
Lovely Card.. Beautiful Embellished!:o)

Sarah said...

Stunning cards Jacqui, amazing colouring xxx

Sassy Scrapper said...

One word. WOW, WOW and WOW!!!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Natali said...

Cards are beautiful.. Second just kill me!! It is unbelievable amazing!!!

Zoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jacqui. The hair is a stunner! It is certainly a challenge and you pulled it off beautifully. Hugs xxoo

Marion said...

Hi Jacqui, 2 stunning cards hun. Love the mermaid. Colouring is awesome.
hugs
Marion

Donna said...

Two amazing cards Jacqui, the mermaids hair is amazing! hugs Donna x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards jacqui, I like how you colored the hair from the second image.

greetings karin

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous card, as always. The blue definitely works ;)

Sue said...

Hi Hun
as ever two stunning cards, awesome colour work, luv the colour combo on the top one, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Jayne A said...

Love these cards the LOTV fairy is so vibrant and mermaids hair really does shimmer.

Jayne
x

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful coloring and cards, Jacqui!

CraftyC said...

Wow Jacqui, they are both gorgeous cards and beautifully coloured as always. Oh, and guess who's the proud owner of a new set of 120 Faber Castell Polychromos!!! Couldn't resist..... lol
Clairexx

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Jacqui,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Your LOTV card is so cute, I love the colors. The mermaid card is lovely. You colored her hair perfect!

Hugs, Mindy

Unknown said...

2 awesome cards Jacqui, both very beautiful. Love the mermaid and the pearls trickling for her hand.

Hugs, Barbaraxx

Shirley N said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous coloring Jacqui! Love both cards!!!

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the colors of the first one and that hair on the second, just stunning!
Helen x

Jo said...

Absolutely stunning Jacqui, and the hair is amazing, wish I had your talent!! Hugs Jo x

maddy hill said...

oh i lovvvvvvve her hair ! fabulous !
and yes i do believe in fairies ! wonderful cards hun xx

ulrike said...

The cards are wonderful! But from the hair of the mermaid, I am absolutely stunned.

Kim. said...

Wow I love both of these cards, the images are amazing as are your colours and embellishments.
Kim xXx

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is totally stunning Jacqui! Adore the gorgeous image and you've coloured her perfectly :)
Kelly.x

Beccy said...

hi Jacqui what an amazing job you have done on the mermaid and shell, Zoe's images are just amazing and you have really made them look great the blue in the hair is perfect.

Hugs Beccy x

Mervi said...

Huge curls! Gorgeous cards,-))m

Valérie Goldenschue said...

wow, I love the first card !!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...