Monday 2 May 2011

Happy May Day

SP2a
Good Morning and a Happy May Day to you all, I have always loved May Day when I was young (many moons ago) we used to have a May Day parade through the Village, a May Queen would be chosen from the Girls at the primary school and we would all make her a crown of flowers, then a Maypole was set up on the green and all the girls and boys dressed in white with lots of coloured ribbons around their waist and on their hats would dance around the Maypole, I really wish they would bring the celebration back, it may be my imagination but it always seemed that the sun was shining.
SP2
Another sneak peek for you today from the New Boy oh Boy release (on sale from 11th May) by Lili of the Valley.  My piccies a bit blurred I am afraid, I think I was shaking I had just turned on the TV and heard of the death of Osama Bin Laden, I know you shouldn’t rejoice at anyones death and we will now have to be extra vigilant but I think it will help those people who lost loved ones in the terrible attacks he encouraged all over the world to have a closure.
Well back to the card I am sorry I went off at a tangent.  The papers are from K&CO Hopscotch Boy Papers and I have used a Martha Stewart Border Punch, I have used 2 Tags from the Lili of the Valley Clear Additions Tag Sheet and the word are also from the Clear Additions range.  I have attached them to Bakers twine from The Ribon Girl with a Tim Holtzs Bulldog Clip.
SP3 
Sorry I have not got the colours I used on this one I coloured the image for Advertising purposes ages ago and I know I made a note of the colours but cannot find it.
TB2a
I have not done very much crafting this weekend but last night I just had to colour  up another of my TeddyBo images (sorry TeddyBea), I  am so in love with these.
TB2
I was playing with layering up as you can see, I always play safe with layers keeping squares with squares ovals with ovals etc, but wanted to see how it would look if I mixed shapes, I am really pleased with the outcome and am going to try to be more adventurous in the future.  I have stamped the Lili of the Valley Grunge Music Stamp in Victorian velvet Distress Ink, then punched the circular doily and label and distressed again with Victorian Velvet The Sentiment is computer generated.
TB1 
The Colours used:
Bear E53, E51, E50 and Medium Brown Pencil
Hat: E71, E70, E40
Dress: B23, B21, B41, C00
Boots: R85, R83, R81, RV000
Shopping List:
Stamp – TeddyBo, Music Stamp Lili of the Valley Clear Additions,
Dies – Mariannes Circles and Bales Dies from Crafts U Love
Flowers – Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon – The Ribbon Girl 
Thanks for staying to the end of this long post
Have a good day
Hugs
Jacqui xxx

17 comments:

Fleur said...

Morning Jacqui, I am with you 100% on the news of Bin Laden, so annoyed with a few comments on FB saying "does anyone care" Like you said I'm sure the 1000s of people who lost loved ones feel some sort of justice has been done ~ sorry I'm going on a tangent now!
Your cards are, as always, stunning. I am so LOVING the new LOTV stamps. LOTV do lead the way with images suitable for boys ~ better start saving lol.
Sorry for the long comment ~ Enjoy your day
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Tasha said...

Hi there Jacqui, i totally understand where you are coming from regarding Bin Laden, hopefully it will bring some sort of closure to those most effected by the attacks he encouraged.
Your cards are so beautiful! I love the colours and fabulous colour work, you really rock t colouring. Fab layouts too
love tasha xx

Hellma said...

Your card is, as always, stunning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shading and gorgeous cards Jacqui! :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

two very beautiful cards jacqui.

greetings karin

Niki Estes said...

Just adorable! I love the little boy and his plane!

Vick said...

Gorgeous cards as always Jacqui, and i posted on FB very early this morning that justice has now been done!
I also agree with you about MayDay you lovely lady have brought back for me a memory i had forgotten all about, maypole dancing!!! i used to take part in it every year at Primary School, Oh!!! sweet memories, thanks darling, hugs vick xxxxxx

chrissy xx said...

Great stamp from LOTV. I just LOve your papers too! And how cute is the Teddy Bo card??? Very.
Two Stunning cards.
Chrissyxx

Danielle said...

Wow Jacqui - these cards are gorgeous! Loving these new LOTV boy images - fabulous colouring!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

So wonderful cards Jacqui,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kirsty said...

Hi The boys card is just so perfect for them. Great image with the papers and the wee clip is a cool idea. Teddy Bo wow absolutely cracking loving the shaped label and mix of shapes really works well. Great projects !! Thanks for the inspiration. Kitty :)

crazy about cards said...

Beautiful Job on your cards! WOW I hope someday I'm half as good at coloring and shading as you are! Awesome job!
Hugs, Lisa
cardcraz.blogspot.com

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui!!

Ribbon Girl said...

Can't wait for the boy stamps to be out at LOTV and like you, I just love those teddy stamps (teddy bears for grown ups)! Your cards are beautiful as usual, you are an inspiration Jacqui! Hugs Mary G x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two stunning makes! Beautiful colouring and pefect papers and embellishment! Hugs, Lesley

Nannieflash said...

HI Jacqui, stunning cards, love the new LOV images and Im sure they will be a great hit. I also love the Teddy Bo image to.
I think theres probably more likely to be more trouble now theyve killed Bin Laden as his followers are going to be ready to advenge his death. I carnt understand why the Americans are rejoicing in someones death, even if he was the No.1 wanted person. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

ribenaruby said...

Aahhh what gorgeous cards Jacqui! That boy LOTV image is great for young and old alike. Maypole dancing was something exciting back in the day...memories. Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...